***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Central Edinburgh
Closing date: 3 May 2018
Hours: 17.5 hours per week.
Initial 2 year Contract
This is an exciting time for RCET as we embark on a new 5 year Strategic Plan which will see us develop and grow our services. To support our mission, we are looking for an experienced Policy Officer who will join a small but highly motivated team committed to making a real difference to the lives of Armed Forces Children and Young People in Scotland.
RCET is Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity. Most Armed Forces families are lucky enough never to need our help, but for children from families who are struggling to make ends meet, living with ill health and disability, or experiencing difficulties at school, we provide a lifeline of support. In addition, we operate a highly successful and well-respected Education Programme in Scotland working with schools, local authorities, Armed Forces charities and the military.
Your key responsibilities will be to develop, review and implement policy positions for RCET. You will provide expert internal strategic briefings and intelligence based on analysis of relevant legislation, policy and the wider environment and undertake limited research to support these aims.
- Experience of policy development.
- Experience of managing and delivering specific projects on time.
- Strong understanding of the policy issues relevant to Childcare and Education in Scotland.
- A good understanding of the policy environment, political institutions and the process of government at a local and national level.
- Understanding of basic research methods.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and digest large volumes of information.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working across multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills.
To apply and for further information, please visit our website www.rcet.org.uk/we-are-recruiting/
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been shortlisted for interview. As a small charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the cost involved.
- INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON THE 17TH MAY 2018.
Scottish Charity No. SC038722