***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £23,500 pa
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Location Home based. The post covers the Highland and Moray areas.
Duration: 2 years fixed term
In 2018 RCET embarked on a new Strategic Plan to grow and develop our services, as part of this plan we launched our Youth Participation Project in September of that year. To support us to grow the Project, we are looking for an experienced Youth Participation Project Worker to join our small, highly motivated team.
RCET is Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity. Most Armed Forces families are lucky enough never to need our help, but for children from families who are struggling to make ends meet, living with ill health and disability, or experiencing difficulties at school, we provide a lifeline of support. In addition, we operate a highly successful and well-respected Education Programme in Scotland working with schools, local authorities, Armed Forces charities and the military.
Your key responsibilities will be to establish and maintain a network of forums groups for children and young people from armed forces families in the Highland and Moray area.
- Experience of working in one of the following areas: Youth work/Community work/Education/Children and young people in a community setting
- Experience of group facilitation.
- An awareness and understanding of the issues around children and young people’s participation.
- An up to date knowledge of the issues that affect young people
- Ability to develop and maintain appropriate relationships with children and young people, parents, carers, colleagues and other professionals.
A full driving licence and access to a car is required.
To apply and for further information, please visit our website www.rcet.org.uk/we-are-recruiting/
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been shortlisted for interview. As a small charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the cost involved.
Please note that the closing date is 5pm on Thursday 6 February 2020.
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON 18 FEBRUARY IN INVERNESS. PLEASE STATE ON YOUR LETTER IF YOU CAN ATTEND ON THAT DATE.