Full-time, £25k – £27k per annum
Scotty’s Little Soldiers are a UK national charity which provides specialist support for bereaved military children and young people (aged 0-25). We deliver 4 Family Programmes; SMILES, SUPPORT, STRIDES and SPRINGBOARD, which provide a range of emotional and educational support for bereaved military families. Currently a £1.5m charity which supported 591 young people in 2022, we have a long-term goal to be supporting over 1,000 children and young people by 2030 and will need to grow our income streams to around £3m to achieve this.
Our SMILES programme was the first family programme launched by the charity and exists to help our Scotty Members to smile again following a bereavement. It provides gifts and vouchers to remind our young people that they’re not alone, opportunities to meet other bereaved children and to smile again such as our Christmas Party. It also provides respite breaks for bereaved families to go away, spend time together as a family and to find ways to smile again.
We wish to recruit a Programme Lead for our SMILES Programme, to be based at our head office in King’s Lynn for a minimum of 3 days per. You may already have experience of working with young people, or the role might even suit someone from a project or event management background.
We’re looking for someone:
• Who has energy and drive, who moves quickly and shares our entrepreneurial spirit!
• Who is a team player, can manage their own time but also work collaboratively.
• Who really cares about the impact of their work.
• Who owns their weaknesses and learns from their mistakes, using them to help Scotty’s to grow and move forwards.
The successful applicant would be responsible for:
• Championing the SMILES Programme to the team, stakeholders including supporters and to our Scotty Members.
• Developing an annual programme of activities for bereaved military children.
• Leading the flagship Christmas Party event; from the venue, to risk assessments, to budgets and evaluation following the event.
• Leading on our Scotty Breaks; organising respite breaks, budgeting for and managing Scotty Lodges, marketing our breaks to Members and their families.
• The SMILES Programme financial budget, including setting the annual budget and complete ownership of managing it ongoing.
We can offer:
• Unlimited holiday
• Flexible working
• Hybrid remote/office working
• A flat structure where everyone has a voice
• Wellbeing first aiders
• Birthday day off
• Free fruit Mondays
• Bike to work scheme
To apply for this role, please note that we will require the following:
• A completed application form – this can be downloaded from our website.
• A covering letter detailing why you think you’re a good fit for this role
• An up-to-date CV
We’re shaping a culture at Scotty’s where amazing people can do their best work. We have identified 4 key attributes that we’re looking for in new team members:
We have an entrepreneurial spirit at Scotty’s. We are determined to improve the lives of the children and young people we support and move quickly to make this happen. We’re looking for people who share this mindset. We like thinkers, but we love doers!
We do things differently at Scotty’s; we don’t have line managers; we are all accountable to each other. This means that whoever takes on this role will need to recognise the power of collaboration, be comfortable managing their own time and understand the part they play in making the team great.
As a small but growing team, we need team members that really care about the impact of the work they do. We’re looking for you to demonstrate your passion and rigour throughout the recruitment process and beyond.
Our vision is to build a team stronger than the sum of its parts. Acknowledging our weaknesses and learning from our mistakes helps us to grow. If you love the idea of developing your skillset within a supportive environment, then Scotty’s could be for you.
Our complete Culture Code deck can be found on our website www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk