Veteran Services Lead at Finchale Jacqui Nicholson has shared this following message to inform veterans and other organisation of the services on offer.
The wellbeing of our beneficiaries, staff and volunteers is very important to Finchale. We have adapted our delivery to ensure that we can continue to provide support and activities for veterans and their families. Our ABF programme has continued to operate and has achieved many great outcomes throughout the pandemic securing employment and training for veterans.
The Armed Forces Covenant Funded projects have operated throughout Lock Down by providing daily activities over Zoom. The last three months have been fairly challenging for the Family Force and Finchale Outdoors projects. The Covid-19 pandemic has meant that many of the outdoor activities that we had planned have had to be postponed. We have used this time to plan our schedule for the rest of the year.
Two Wellbeing Coaches have been appointed to the project. The Coaches are both veterans and are able to relate well to veterans and their families. As the lockdown eases we are now running socially distanced activities.
Activities and trips we are currently recruiting for:
- Woodland Experience – Veterans Camp 11-13 September 2020
- Helvellyn and Ridges Walk – October 2020
- Weekly Walks on a Wednesday 10:00 to 15:00
- Weekly Woodcraft sessions Friday’s 10 :00 to 14:00
- Model Club – supported by Models for Heroes Thursday 13:30 to 15:30
- Weekly Gardening sessions Friday’s all day.
- Weekly Flower Arranging sessions – Sedgefield Thursday Morning 10:00 to 12:00 from 1/10 for 6 weeks
- Finchale Outdoors monthly trips – coming up sea kayaking, National Arboretum, sea fishing, lake fishing, high ropes ….
- Weekly Cookery sessions Tuesday mornings 10:00 to 12:00 (ZOOM)
- Weekly Headstrong – Cookery for Well Being Tuesday 12:30 to 14:30 (ZOOM)
- Creative Writing Monday afternoons from 3pm (ZOOM)
We continue to work closely with all of our partner organisations to ensure we continue to provide the services necessary to ensure veterans in need of care are supported. Here at Finchale are working hard to adapt additional forms of support, including Health and Wellbeing courses.
If you would like to refer a client or self-refer please email email@example.com
Watch our Facebook Page for the latest news https://www.facebook.com/finchale.org