3-night break for military families with additional needs children taking applications.
This November, come and join the SSAFA family for a fun-filled break open exclusively to military families with children who have additional needs and disabilities. It offers a weekend away at the Calvert Trust Exmoor from 16 – 19 November, for which there are 60 places.
The Calvert Trust is a fully accessible centre which “enables people with physical, learning, behaviour and sensory disabilities to experience exciting, challenging and enjoyable outdoor activities.” The aim is to give military families the opportunity to spend quality time together whilst challenging themselves through outdoor activities and seeing each other achieve.
The cost to attend this 3-night family beak is £150 per person. Payment must be made by Monday 22nd October 2018 to SSAFA central office.
If you are interested:
Should you need to discuss any aspect of the break please email ANDA@ssafa.org.uk or call 0207 463 9411
- In order to book a place please email ANDA@ssafa.org.uk in order to receive a booking form which must be completed and sent back to us.
- Deadline for applications: Monday 22nd October
- The Calvert Trust has kindly offered SSAFA a discounted rate, but if families find that the cost of the break is prohibitive then please email ANDA@ssafa.org.uk or call 0207 463 9411
- All children within the family must be between 3 – 18 years
- Children are dependents of a current serving person or reservist
- One child attending must have an additional need and/or disability
- At least one parent must attend the break with their children
Notes to editors:
SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity, has been providing lifelong support to our Forces and their families since 1885. Every year our staff and team of volunteers help more than 73,000 people, from Second World War veterans to young men and women who have served in more recent conflicts.