***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you looking for a role where you can lead a team of inspiring, predominately ex-forces instructors who deliver alternative education in schools? Do you want to lead a team who work to transform the lives of young people? Do you want a management role where you can really make a difference? If yes, we may have the opportunity you are looking for!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, high quality manager to lead our West Midlands SkillForce team. Area Managers need to have the ability to motivate and inspire high performance to the team and individuals and maintain levels of high performance over the geographically dispersed locations of individuals.
SkillForce is a charity that works in partnership with schools, drawing upon the skills of predominately but not exclusively ex-forces personnel, to inspire young people to succeed at school and in life. In partnership with schools we deliver a curriculum and activities that provide young people with knowledge, skills and experience and most importantly the self belief that they can achieve.
- Ensuring that all programme delivery is planned, executed on time and in budget and that all required data is captured in a timely manner
- Leading the area team ensuring colleagues are engaged and supported to enable high performance and quality standards
- Ensuring safe delivery of all programmes ensuring business needs are met whilst protecting colleagues, customers and young people including; safeguarding, risk assessment, business continuity and management of data
- Leading on relationships with all clients to maximise retention of existing clients and seek to develop new client opportunities
- Developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with appropriate public, private or third sector organisations to ensure SkillForce is seen as a key supplier or partner
- Track record of successful operational management with 5+ years management experience
- Experience of managing high performing, geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships and an efficient networker
- High level of commercial acumen
- Understanding of the Education sector and safeguarding of young people/adults is desirable
The above is not a complete statement of all the duties and responsibilities for this post.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 18th July 2018.
First stage interviews to be held 1st August 2018 TBC
If you would like more information about this role, please contact John Cahill 07803 575 525
SkillForce are unable to accept CV’s.
SkillForce is committed to safeguarding/child protection and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply for this role please visit https://www.skillforce.org/ and complete an application form.
SkillForce is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
All staff are expected to maintain high standards of customer care in the context of SkillForce core values, to uphold the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety standards and to participate in relevant professional development.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.