***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced high quality instructor to work in the Scotland East area to deliver the Prince William Award.
This pioneering award programme helps children to build resilience, self-confidence the fundamentals of good character and empowers them to “be their best” and to realise their full potential both at school and at home.
Our brilliant instructors, the majority of whom have served their country in the British Armed Forces, embody the Service values and understand the importance of teamwork, resilience and self-discipline. Due to unprecedented demand for the programme we are now seeking like-minded colleagues to join our dynamic and forward looking teams across the UK.
The award programme is the only one of its kind in the name of our Royal Patron, HRH Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge KG KT.
- Deliver the SkillForce Prince William Award and other courses and qualifications to students, including activities on residential courses, external trips, expeditions and income generation projects
- Build rapport with the students constantly maintaining a professional manner while being flexible in approach to students and having the ability to adapt to individual learning styles
- Be effective communicators with excellent team working skills and the ability to build positive relationships with colleagues, schools and young people
- Create a positive and supportive learning environment for our young people, adhering to all relevant policies and procedures
- Produce and implement risk assessments to ensure our duty of care is adhered to
- Assess and moderate work, reporting on progress to ensure students’ progress as planned
Key Skills/Qualifications required:
- Ideally will hold a Level 4 Certificate in Education or equivalent, or a willingness to undertake training to achieve this
- Must be qualified to a minimum Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy
- To hold a full driving licence, ideally including category D1 (or be willing to work towards D1 if not currently held)
- Experience of working effectively with challenging young people, under performers and gifted individuals
- Experience of producing schemes of work and lesson plans and planning educational activities
- Knowledge of Diversity, Health & Safety, Child Protection and Safeguarding legislation
This role will cover programme delivery in the Scotland East area and applicants must be willing to travel in this role.
The roles requires lone working and will be remotely managed by an Area Manager.
The salary for instructors is £23,456.00 per annum. Working hours are 37.5 per week on a permanent contract.
If you would like more information, please contact Dale Hill at SkillForce on 01623 827 651, or complete our online application form by clicking in the Apply Now button on this page.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
SkillForce is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
SkillForce is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.