£28,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full time permanent Graphic Designer to join the Marketing Communications team at SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity.
SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity, supports the person behind the uniform; any time they need us, in any way they need us, for as long as they need us. Last year SSAFA helped more than 82,000 people from the Armed Forces family get back on their feet; those currently serving, reserves, veterans and their families. Support is there for people at any stage in their military career; from the youngest recruit to the oldest veteran – no one’s service is ever forgotten. We give hope, help and personal support for as long as it takes to get that person’s life back to where they want it to be.
About the role
This role will support the Senior Creative Lead & Design Manager and Head of Marketing & Brand to create and produce a wide variety of creative marketing materials, printed collateral and digital assets that will help raise awareness, support fundraising initiatives and promote understanding of SSAFA’s work.
We are looking for someone with a good eye for detail, bags of initiative, creativity and innovation. This role will offer plenty of variety – no two days will be the same – but you will need to juggle different creative jobs, be able to prioritise and communicate effectively.
About the team
You will be joining a well-established team of marcomms professionals and will have plenty of opportunity to interact with other departments in the Central Office as well as members of the volunteer network.
To carry out this role successfully you will have:
- A portfolio of artistic and imaginative projects demonstrating; creative concept development, collaboration with copywriters and internal colleagues to produce traditional print items, show excellent typography skills and confidence of art working files ready for print.
- Experience working with a digital communications team to support the creation and delivery of digital assets for active Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter social media accounts; including resizing creative and knowledge of different digital and social media advertising formats.
- Excellent skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Expertise in video editing would be advantageous.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines as needed.
- Experience of working in a commercial, public or not for profit organisation would be beneficial.
SSAFA is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. No agencies please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
For further information
If you have any queries or would like to speak to someone about this role, please contact Nick Newbury, Senior Creative lead & Design Manager on 0207 463 9259 or Lisa Shattock, Director of Marketing & Communications on 0207 463 9210 for an informal discussion.
To apply, visit SSAFA’s website
Closing date: Midnight on 26 January 2020
Interviews: w/c 3 February 2020 [If you are invited to attend an interview you will be required to undertake an aptitude test / deliver a presentation as part of the selection process.]
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you wish to apply for any of our vacancies you will be asked to answer some screening questions before completing an application form and uploading your CV. Personal data to progress your application for employment is covered under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Article 6 Section 1b and Article 9 2b and c. Your details will not be used for any other purpose or shared with a third party without your permission. Data on unsuccessful candidates will be retained for one year from the vacancy being filled. If you take up employment with us, your information will be held for the duration of your employment plus six full calendar years. Further details are contained in SSAFA’s Privacy Statement at https://www.ssafa.org.uk/hr-privacy-notice