***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
37.5 hours per week
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***Circa £32,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for two full time Senior Social Work Practitioners in the Adoption Team at SSAFA, the UK’s oldest national tri-service military charity.
About the role
SSAFA Adoption Service is a registered voluntary adoption agency. Its work includes the recruitment, assessment and approval of prospective adopters and, through collaborative working with local authorities, the placement of children from the Looked After Children system with approved prospective adopters. We also provide post placement and post adoption support to adoptive families and work closely with adopted adults who wish to access their birth records. In our recent Ofsted Inspection were received an “Outstanding” rating for the quality of our service provision and were rated “Good” overall.
The Service is looking for two experienced workers to join a supportive and enthusiastic team. Working from home and travelling extensively within the UK you will work with a wide range of professionals and families in a unique environment. This is a home based role that offers scope for UK and some overseas travel.
To carry out this role successfully you will have:
- HCPC Registration or equivalent
- Post qualifying experience of working with children and families in a statutory setting
- Significant experience of completing prospective adopter assessments and reports and working directly with adoptive families
- The confidence to work on your own in addition to working as part of a team of dedicated and knowledgeable professionals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to prioritise and organise your own workload.
- A full UK driving license and passport.
SSAFA is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
For further information
If you have any queries or would like to speak to someone about this role, please contact Stephen Richards on 07973 710391 for an informal discussion.
To apply, visit SSAFA’s website
Closing date: Midnight on 13th March 2017.
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Disclosure & Barring Service.