***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Charity as part of a team dedicated to the welfare of wounded veterans.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of professional administrative and business support. You will have an eye for detail, and the ability to work quickly, independently and efficiently. This is a mixed location role both remotely and at our London offices.
£30,000-£40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
28 days holiday per annum (20 days + 8 days bank/public holidays)
Founder and Chief Operating Officer
Job description and primary objectives
Assisting the Founder, COO and Charity Committee members in ensuring the smooth day to day organisation and administration of the charity. He/she will be responsible for coordinating those responsible for carrying out Trustees/Executive Committee decisions and, where appropriate/necessary, getting involved to ensure timely delivery.
Key skills, experience and qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- IT familiarity and Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficient in using CRM systems (preferably eTapestry)
- Previous relevant PA/Administrative experience, plus demonstrable project coordination skills.
- Experience of working with committees and dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Be a self-starter and able to work to deadlines whilst coping with competing priorities.
- Be an adept problem solver, with a keen eye for detail.
- Be able to build credibility with individuals at all levels.
- Event management experience
- Locating and allocating invoices and expenses with the in house accountant
- A good understanding of GDPR and treatment of confidential information
Your place of work will vary between the Founder’s house (W2), the office (Royal Hospital Chelsea) and your home, depending on COVID restrictions. Flexibility will be needed, but it is expected that you will work for with the Founder at her house one day a week and a couple of days in the office.
Full time, based on 5 working days a week (8 hours per day excluding lunch and breaks)
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Organise and coordinate meetings and travel arrangements
- Maintain schedules and calendars for the Trustees
- Arrange and confirm appointments
- Organize internal and external events
- Handle incoming mail and other material ensuring redirection where appropriate. Locating and managing invoices and expenses with in house accountant.
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
- Input and organise data in the charity’s CRM system
- Good M S skills (Word Excel)
- Implement and maintain office systems and collating information to ensure smooth running of office, including:
- Management of office supplies, ensuring printers at office and other work areas have plentiful supply of paper, toner, ink etc.
- Set up and maintenance of filing systems (both physical and virtual)
- Set up and maintenance of work procedures
- Set up and maintenance of databases
- Operate office equipment (ensuring Laptop, Hard drives, Printers, Phones etc. maintained)
- Liaison with internal and external contacts, communicating verbally and in writing, answering enquiries, providing information – ensuring attention to detail in all communications
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally, ensuring good communication between Trustees and Committee Members
- Ensuring good communication and clear understanding between Trustees and other SWV areas: Event Management, the Ski Week, Mentoring, Employment and Pain Management, i.e. full awareness of meetings that are taking place, and good communication with administrators in these areas.
- Take/type and distribute minutes of meetings
- Maintain HR files for all employees and contractors including annual data updates, security checks etc.
Applicants – Please email your CV and covering letter to Zizi@supportingwoundedveterans.com