We are seeking a committed and skilled volunteer who will work closely with the team to grow our social media presence across multiple platforms.
The Gwennili Trust aims to make offshore sailing safe, fun and accessible to all no matter how disabled; physically, mentally or visually and seeks to provide therapeutic sailing to all who might benefit. Therefore, our values are to be reflected in the planning and conduct of offshore sailing including our online presence.
The successful volunteer will have a passion for social media, empowering our beneficiaries’ and promoting the impact we make to nurture our donors online. You will be capable of creating and scheduling content and understand the importance of raising awareness, engagement and involvement online. Ideally, you will have previous experience of managing multiple social media pages within the charity sector.
This role will predominantly be remote, although you will be asked to attend our organisational meetings that discuss our development and overall strategy.
- Help to develop and maintain a social media plan.
- Complete a social media calendar with relevant themes and dates
- Create and schedule posts across multiple platforms
Use social media to:
- Reassure our donors of the work that we are doing
- Empower our beneficiaries with impactful storytelling
- Raise awareness about our cause
- Provide information about upcoming events
- Encourage engagement in comments
- Develop relevant calls to action that drive engagement
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent written English
- Ability to effectively communicate with and engage with people online
- Ability to create and schedule social posts
- Photography at events
- Experience of fundraising
- An interest in sailing
- Empathy with disabled people
- Awareness of the military veterans’ environment
Colonel (Ret’d) John Thornton Chairman email@example.com 07740778439