***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Ministry of Defence is looking to appoint an Ex-Service organisations representative for the Independent Medical Expert Group (IMEG). The person will be independent of the Ministry of Defence operational activities.
The overall role and responsibilities of the member is to:
· Engage fully in collective consideration of the issues, taking account of the full range of relevant factors, including any guidance issued by the sponsor department or responsible minister;
· Ensure that the Code of Practice on access to Government Information is adhered;
· Ensure that the Group does not exceed its powers or functions;
· Communications between the Group and the Min (DPV) will generally be through the Chair, except where the Group has agreed that an individual member should act on its behalf. Nevertheless, any Group member has the right of access to Min (DPV) on any matter which he or she believes raises important issues relating to his or her duties as a Group member. In such cases the agreement of the rest of the Group should be sought.
The successful candidate must:
· be a senior representative of a Cobseo-affiliated ex-Service charities organisation specialising in veterans’ welfare with the support of their organisation’s Chair/President/Director;
· demonstrate their ability to represent the views of all veterans and their families;
· have experience of working collaboratively on high level committees or at board level;
· demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and teamwork.
The successful candidate should also:
· an understanding of how the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) operates; and
· have experience working on an advisory body.
Number of Vacancies: one
Body: Independent Medical Expert Group (IMEG)
Sponsoring Department: Ministry of Defence (MOD)
Time Requirement: Approximately no more than 10 days per year.
Location: London, with some UK travel.
Remuneration: The role is not remunerated, although reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be reimbursed.
Length of Appointment: The Appointment will be for a period of three years starting on 1 August 2020.
Please contact Defence Business Services to request an application pack on DBSCivPers-ResNONSDAPPS@mod.gov.uk quoting reference 28664 or apply online via the Cabinet Office Public Appointments website https://publicappointments.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/ using the keyword “defence”.
Closing date: 27 April 2020 Interviews: 23/24 June 2020