***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job Title: Production Manager
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Richmond Based
Salary: £38-40,000 per annum
The iconic Poppy factory in Richmond employs disabled veterans and dependants to produce poppies and wreaths for the Royal Family and for The Royal British Legion’s annual Poppy Appeal and we organise and host the nation’s annual Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey. The Poppy Factory is also the country’s leading employment charity for veterans with health conditions or impairments. We work with businesses across the country to provide bespoke opportunities and employment support for hundreds of disabled veterans of all ages and from all Services, helping them to restore financial independence through sustainable and rewarding work.
We are seeking to recruit a Production Manager as replacement for our current manager who is retiring in May. We will require a candidate of the highest calibre to fill this position of which the key duties include:
- Responsibility for production of the annual order for The Royal British Legion “Poppy Appeal” and for provision of items to the Royal Family, ensuring Remembrance wreaths and symbols are produced in sufficient quantity, on time and in accordance with the required quality standards.
- Management of the production staff team who include wounded, injured or sick veterans or veterans disabled dependants’, taking responsibility for recruitment, training and performance management, ensuring that the team are motivated to achieve optimum performance taking account of their individual abilities.
- Providing support to the Director of Production & Estate in ongoing development and forward planning for the production operation; ensuring production systems and processes are organised to be cost-effective and efficient.
- Support for the planning and delivery of the annual Field of Remembrance
Working as a member of the production and estate management team, candidates must be able to demonstrate high calibre production management and team working skills; flexible, resourceful and resilient with a can do approach; you must have understanding and empathy with the needs of a diverse staff team and the wounded, injured and sick veteran community, whom we serve. Full details of the knowledge, experience and skills required are outlined in the person specification.
The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. Salary for the role is in the range £38,000 to £40,000 per annum. The post is offered on a permanent contract and we offer an excellent benefits package of which includes:
- Generous paid leave entitlement
- Excellent company pension scheme
- Company paid life assurance
- Reservists’ leave
How to apply
For the full job description and more information about the role, click here to download the candidate pack.
To apply for this position please prepare your CV and a covering letter clearly outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification. You may address your covering letter to Jeff Short, Director of Production and the Estate.
The deadline for completed applications is midnight Monday, 15 February 2021
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Jeff Short on 020 8939 1820.
No agencies please
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Poppy Factory is committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion. Our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your application whether you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate disabled candidates.
We are a family friendly employer and happy to discuss flexible working.