***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Application closing date: 25/11/2019
Location: West Midlands
Salary: FTE £17,143 per annum pro rata
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The National Memorial Arboretum is the UK’s centre for year-round Remembrance – a vibrant, living landscape of reflection and inspiration. Located in Staffordshire, the 150-acre Arboretum is a special place honouring those who have served, and continue to serve, our nation in many different ways. The site includes the iconic Armed Forces Memorial, a lasting tribute to those in the Armed Forces who have lost their lives in the service of their country. Recent multi-million-pound investments have doubled the size of the extensive visitor and learning facilities and created a brand-new events facility for public and private use with a banqueting capacity of over 300. The Arboretum now welcomes over 300,000 visitors each year, hosts over 200 events and engages with around 16,000 student visitors. The centre is part of The Royal British Legion.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
• A desire to deliver a great customer experience
• Enjoy and thrive working in teams and with others
• Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
• Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
• An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you ….
The Arboretum is looking to recruit a Food Service Assistant, to work alongside the established team. Reporting to the Food Services Manager, key responsibilities include:
• To deliver high standards of customer service, food quality, cleanliness and presentation standards as laid out in the Food Services Strategy.
• Support all areas of activity within the food service department to supply: visitor day catering, which includes a 380 cover Restaurant, a Coffee Shop and Satellite outlets within the grounds of the Arboretum.
• To be part of the hospitality team for table waited functions in Aspects Events Centre, which holds daytime and evening events catering up to and including formal banqueting for up to 500 attendees.
The successful candidate must have proven Food Services experience, good interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Attendance outside normal working hours will occasionally be required and the ability to work under pressure will be essential.
Please specify preference of working hours in your application.
Closing date for this role is Monday 25 November 2019.