***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust are looking for a Finance Director, who can support the Chief Executive on a day-to-day basis, being their “Right Hand Person” and Deputy CE, aiding in strategic decision making by offering strategic leadership and managing the financial affairs of the organisation, as well as having a supporting role in both Operational and HR issues. Direct line management of 1 staff member.
Duties will include:
- Advising the trustees and senior management on strategic financial issues, contributing to the strategic plan, risk management and highlighting opportunities for the business.
- Being an active confidant, support and also devil’s advocate to the CE when needed.
- Financial appraisal of new projects, including CAPEX projects as well as system upgrades, and various growth projects for the organisation, including fund generation, grants management etc.
- Managing the budgeting and financial planning process, liaising with line managers on budget performance, managing legacy income including seeking new opportunities to develop legacy income.
- Ensuring effective financial controls are maintained, including production of SORP statutory accounts, liaising with Auditors, ensuring new regulatory and best practice developments are included in the accounting process, leading on fraud prevention, grant applications from funding bodies and seeking new opportunities for external grant funding.
- Production and management of the management accounts for senior leaders, Trustees, KPI reports, production of 5 year plan, challenge and review of budgets submissions.
- Managing the performance of the investment portfolio including close liaison with external investment managers, production of regular investment performance reports and production of annual investment policy.
As the Finance Director you will play a key role for The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust and to have their beliefs and values is imperative. The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust is passionate about supporting their community and families associated, offering a wide range of services.
You will be qualified ACA or ACCA or CIMA Accountant – either a Financial Controller looking to step into a Finance Director role, or you are already a Finance Director. The client is open to candidates from industry, public, or charity sector that have the relevant experience, but more mirror the culture of the organisation.
You will need to be an advocate for the organisation, professional with a warm disposition. This role is very influential in the organisation and we are looking for the right person to partner with the CE in the next chapter of their growth whilst remaining hands on and managing the finances on a day to day basis.
The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust is a large organisation linked in a network of military charities working together. They offer support to both current, and Veterans of the Royal Navy, but also their families and dependants.
The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust offers various services, from individual grants to help people get back on their feet, to advice and supporting life changing decisions, through to running care homes and an almshouse.
With a robust strategic plan and 5 year growth plan, the Royal Naval Benevolent Trust is now in the next phase to double their size and thus their reach to people who need them; now is a great time to join them on this journey.
Salary and Benefits:
Up to £75k + 29 days annual leave + bank holidays, 7% contributory pension, healthcare plan, free onsite parking and more.
Interviews are on 15 September. If this role is of interest to you, please reach out to Nikki Foster on Nichola.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0799116676 and highlight why this role appeals to you.