Following further advice, we have had to make further changes on how the current coronavirus crisis has affected VIC, the VIC Centre in Haslingden, the Hyndburn Veterans Drop-in, our activities, and how the outreach team will be working for the foreseeable future.
It hasn’t been an easy decision but we have to keep our staff, volunteers and members safe and reduce any chance of contracting the Coronavirus.
As from 20 March;
- The Accrington Veterans Drop-in will be suspended until further notice.
- The art groups at Haslingden and Hyndburn will be suspended until further notice.
- The decision on the Monday craft group will be decided on Monday 23 March
- The Sandbag Café in Heywood, the Mess Tin in Middleton and the RV Veterans Breakfast Club in Billington will remain suspended until further notice.
- The VIC Centre in Haslingden will remain open as long as possible with the minimum of staff who will deal with any drop-ins and queries, answering the phones, supporting our members by telephone. However our members will still be able to drop in although there will be no activities going on.
If you do come into the VIC Centre then we ask you to wash your hands regularly, and if you have any coronavirus symptoms high temperature and a persistent cough then please the call the main office.
If any of our elderly, vulnerable members or those who are self-isolating are struggling to get essential provisions or would like to just have a talk with somebody then please contact us our team.
Main contact details are 01706 833180 or email
Our Outreach workers are working from home and contactable by phone:
- Steve Butterworth 07741902188 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bev Fowler 07741902343 or email@example.com
- Gill Hughes 07741902411 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check our Facebook page for regular updates – https://www.facebook.com/VeteransInCommunities/