“A Virtual Event is a gathering of people sharing a common virtual environment on the web, rather than meeting in a physical location. Virtual events are highly interactive, looking and feeling a lot like their physical counterparts. Popular uses of virtual events include virtual tradeshows, virtual job fairs, virtual conferences and virtual companywide gatherings. Virtual events are used to deliver presentations, trainings, meetings and sessions led by stakeholders from company executives to human resources.” – (Wikipedia)
The ‘Ex-Military in Management Virtual Careers Fair’, is the result of several months of collaboration between the OA and SaluteMyJob (SMJ) and it is scheduled to go live across 2 days on June 6th and 7th. The platform will provide an environment for delegates and employers to interact with each other seamlessly in a live, virtual setting. It’s an exciting and, potentially, highly rewarding event to attend so please read on to see how the 3Ps can start to help you prepare the right mind-set as early as possible.
What is it?
- The virtual careers fair is a collaboration between the Officers’ Association and SaluteMyJob.
- This is a new innovation – the OA Virtual Career Fair is a dynamic and proactive way to break down barriers and introduce candidates with strong skill sets directly to potential employers who are looking to fill positions.
- The virtual careers platform will provide a low cost (it’s free!) way for possible job candidates to meet prospective employers and for employers to meet candidates in a rich multi-modal environment. Candidates will be able to use chat, engage with webinars and network with peers and possible employers, and employers to better connect with candidates.
- If you are job seeking, seeking further information or simply networking, you will have an opportunity to meet our partners and have access to career-focused resources.
- As an employer, the Fair represents a unique opportunity to meet 300 + Service men and women seeking management roles – across Project, Facilities, Risk and Operational Management and consultancy and meet corporate covenant business objectives.
- The event will take place on June 6th and 7th 2017
“We live in exciting times. Technology can now be leveraged to expand an employers reach and connect with high-calibre candidates, without the time or geographical constraints of a traditional fair format. We are delighted to be hosting this unique event which will enable employers to showcase their opportunities and tap into a truly diverse ex-military talent pool”, Liz Stevens, Head of Employment Services, OA.