Join the RNRMC as we take on this epic French battlefield cycle challenge.
Our exciting cycle challenge takes us through northern France to Cherbourg, visiting some of the region’s most significant World War 2 battle sites, including Pegasus Bridge and the Normandy Landing Beaches.
When: Wednesday 14th September 2022 – Monday 19th September 2022
Where: Portsmouth – Cherbourg
Registration fee: £150
Fundraising target: £1,600
Physical rating: 3 – Entry level grade perfect for first challenges, although moderate fitness levels are required as the trip includes some challenging distances and uphill cycles.
Group size: 40 max
By signing up to this challenge, you will become part of the 2022 RNRMC Heroes Team as you take on this exciting 6 day cycle challenge. You will cycle from Portsmouth through northern France to Cherbourg, visiting some of the region’s most significant World War 2 battle sites, including Pegasus Bridge and the Normandy landing beaches.
You will experience some long days in the saddle, but as you stop to pay your respects at many sites, tired bodies will seem a small price to pay for the sacrifices made by the armed forces during WW2, as well as in more recent years.
Why take part?
- Become part of a special team to complete the epic 230 mile challenge
- Visit, and pay your respects, at world famous battle sites
- Fully supported cycle with experienced leaders and support vehicles there to look after you every step of the way
- Celebrate reaching the finish line with a victorious team dinner in Cherbourg
- You’ll be doing something amazing for current and former serving personnel and their families when they need it most.
There are currently estimated to be almost 200 homeless veterans in the UK. It costs £5 to provide a hot meal. By raising £1,600, you could pay for 320 hot meals and help someone take their first steps to getting off the streets.