Red, White and Blue Day is a national fundraising campaign for schools that raises money in support of the RAF Benevolent Fund, ABF The Soldiers’ Charity and The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity. The money raised is split between the three long-established charities which all have close ties with our Armed Forces.
This year’s campaign will take place on Friday 6 October, with thousands of school children across the UK dressing up in red, white and blue in support of the men and women of the Armed Forces.
So, how can your school get involved in this year’s campaign?
- Encourage children to wear red, white and blue to school on Friday 6 October by donating £1.
- Consider inviting a serving or retired female from the Armed Forces to talk about what it’s like to serve their country, and the important role women have in the military.
- Take part in our shoebox competition to demonstrate to students the challenges serving families face.
- Build a paper tank, spitfire or ship to learn more about the vehicles used by our military services
- Invite kids to come up with fundraising activities, such as holding a bake sale.
For more ideas on how to take part, download the welcome pack: http://www.redwhiteblueday.co.uk/downloads/2017/RWBDay-2017-Welcome-Pack.pdf