In a fast-paced world that is ever changing and full of competition, the need to maximise limited resources and budget is ever greater.
Forces Families Jobs can help you to achieve this by offering you free access to a pool of talented employees whose current resource is very much untapped. Military spouses and family members are often highly qualified and unfulfilled in their employment due to lack of opportunity or flexibility.
As an employer you can have access to this hard working and resilient community who are committed, resourceful, strong and able to deal with ambiguity.
We are looking for employers who are understanding of the military lifestyle and who are able to offer job opportunities that are flexible and that do not disadvantage those from the military community.
If you are looking to make your Armed Forces Covenant commitments more meaningful, address some more of your diversity and inclusion targets or simply are committed to returning talented people to the workplace then we want to hear from you.
So, if you are actively looking to recruit for a role, or are interested in in finding out more, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the employment and training platform
Recent tri-Service research, Military Spouse/Partner Employment: Identifying the barriers and support required conducted by the Warwick Institute for Employment Research resulted in a key recommendation, the need to create a central portal for employment and training opportunities for Service spouses, partners and family members.
The three Families Federations are working collaboratively with Defence Relationship Management to create this platform to enable spouses, partners and family members of current UK Armed Forces military personnel to have a ‘one-stop shop’ where they can apply for jobs directly with employers who have signed the Armed Forces Covenant as well as find signposting to career and training opportunities.
The overall aim of this employment platform is to create a free-of-charge site that bridges the gap and enables the link between spouses and family members on the one hand, and employers and training providers, on the other.
There are two main sections on Forces Families Jobs – ‘Jobs’ and ‘Training and Career Development’.
- The Jobs section will allow employers to advertise jobs suitable for family members of serving personnel, free of charge. All employers will be asked to identify how they are ‘Forces friendly’.
Spouses will be able to search for jobs in similar ways to many other job However, uniquely, all employers have committed to support Forces families. This is important as 45% of spouses interviewed in the research undertaken by Warwickshire University felt they had been discriminated against due to their connection to the Services.
- The training and career development section will bring together all the excellent existing initiatives available for serving families into one place, making it easier for spouses and partners to find. There will also be a section for training and courses that have been discounted specifically for Forces families.
What are the benefits to you, the employer, in signing up to advertise your jobs on this site?
- Advertise your jobs to this audience free of charge.
- Search our candidate database and download candidate CVs free of charge.
- Fulfil your commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant (AFC) and progress through the Employment Recognition Scheme (ERS) by demonstrating your commitment to Service spouses.
- Have your own company profile where you can articulate your specific commitments to the Armed Forces Covenant and your ERS level.
- This is not a paid for service but is provided free to those who have signed the AFC.
- The platform is currently under construction.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that applicants are military spouses as the site does not require them to provide proof of identity.
- We will not charge a fee for advertising jobs on this platform or for you using the candidate CV database search.
- Once the site is ready it will be available at www.forcesfamiliesjobs.co.uk where you will be able to login and view your profile within your account.
- You will also be able to add email addresses of other users within your organisation to your account.
- You will be able to search for candidate CVs for those candidates who have agreed to have their CVs made available for search. In some instances, the candidates will have selected the option of receiving and approving the request to have a company download their CV. They will then need to approve your request to download their CV before you are able to action this.
- We have integrated Broadbean, the multi-poster feed to this jobsite.
- We can potentially arrange for an integration to your preferred multi poster. Please note that this will have a time and cost implication which we would ask you to pay for. This will need to be confirmed with the multi poster in question and will vary depending on requirements.
- Please note that if you are a recruitment agency, you can advertise jobs on this site where you are employing people directly within your organisation but you cannot advertise jobs on behalf of clients. If a client has signed the Armed Forces Covenant you will need to advertise via their direct employer account on the site. In instances where they do not have a Forces Families Jobs account, you can sign up for one on their behalf, with their permission and advertise accordingly. This is to ensure that all roles advertised on this site are by AFC signatory companies only.
As a business you will be required to provide us with a link to your website, a logo and a few paragraphs about the support that you can provide to service families.