A position has become available to work at the prestigious Honourable Artillery Company Ground in Central London. The site caters for cricket, rugby and football as well as a variety of commercial events and military use. This role would ideally suit a committed and highly motivated individual looking to progress their career working within the sports turf industry.
Working under the guidance of the Head Groundsman this demanding role requires the maintenance, preparation and renovation of a range of sports surfaces to the highest standards. The ideal candidate will have some experience working with sports surfaces or garden maintenance, although not essential as full training will be given.
- Deputising for the Head Groundsman during the latter’s absence on holiday or courses.
- The care and daily maintenance of the Company’s machinery and other grounds and gardening tools.
- The maintenance, preparation and renovation of a range of sports surfaces to a high standard.
- Care of the Garden surrounds including plants, shrubs and trees.
- Carry out all work activities within Company’s Health and Safety guidelines.
The role is 40 hours per week but overtime including weekend work is required particularly throughout summer, this will be paid at an appropriate rate. An attractive basic salary is available dependent on experience along with a pension and benefits package.
Applications for the position need to be received by the end August 2017
Interviews will take place on the week commencing the early September 2017
To apply please send C.V and accompanying letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post.
The Head Groundsman
Honourable Artillery Company