21 June 2017 – 3PWRR Army Reserve Centre, St Margaret’s St, Rochester, ME1 3BG
17 October 2017 – 3PWRR, Army Reserve Centre, Leros Barracks, Canterbury, CT1 1HR
Would you like to know more about the Armed Forces and become a Champion for serving personnel, veterans/ex-service personnel, their immediate families or carers who may need our services?
The Kent and Medway Armed Forces Network is now running sessions of the Sussex award winning
CPD accredited Champions Training.
It is designed for people who are interested in helping services across Kent and Medway to become more Armed Forces, veteran, their immediate family or carer focused but who have little previous experience of the armed forces.
The training will provide you with:
- A better understanding of military life and the needs of people who may have left the Armed Forces;
- A better understanding of how to engage with the Armed Forces Community;
- Knowledge and skills that will enable you to support your organisation to better meet the needs of this group;
- An understanding of how your service might work with other services/charities in the best interest of serving personnel and veterans, family and carers;
- A resource pack for you to use when you return to your organisation:
- A support network of other champions to help further develop your knowledge and skills and to support and share ideas across different organisations.