Collector’s hub, The Koin Club has announced it will be supporting Combat Stress, the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health, through the sale of the War Poppy Collection.
The Koin Club is a dedicated collector’s hub for officially licensed commemorative coins in the UK. The Koin Club sells a range of monthly subscriptions and one-off collectable items for a number of fanbases, including Arsenal FC, Marvel and Disney.
The War Poppy Collection, which features artwork by leading War Poppy Artist, Jacqueline Hurley, is available from £9.99 per month. Through the partnership, 10% of each sale will be donated to help fund the vital work Combat Stress does to help former service men and women with mental health problems.
Robert Marsh, Director Income Generation at Combat Stress said:
“We’re delighted to launch our new partnership with The Koin Club during Mental Health Awareness Week.
“Each year we receive 2,000 referrals from former servicemen and women with trauma-related mental health problems such as anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. It’s vital that we raise awareness and funds to ensure we can continue to support every veteran who comes to us for help. The War Poppy Collection is a great way for us to do this.”
Ross Davies, Managing Director at Koin Limited said:
“Here at The Koin Club we are delighted to have partnered with Combat Stress and we are looking forward to helping support them and all the worthwhile work they do.
“After serving for over 14 years in the Royal Marines and completing two tours of Afghanistan I am dedicated to helping as many former service men and women as I can. I am honoured to be able to help those in need by supporting Combat Stress through The Koin Club”
Notes to editors:
About Combat Stress
Combat Stress is the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health.
For almost a century, we’ve helped former servicemen and women deal with trauma-related mental health problems such as anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Over the past five years (2012 to 2017) we have seen an average of more than 2,000 referrals each year. Demand for our services continues to grow – we have seen a 143% increase in referrals from ten years ago.
On average it takes 12 years after leaving the military for veterans to contact Combat Stress for help, by which time their condition is often highly complex. However, veterans of the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts are coming to Combat Stress much sooner (three and four years respectively).
To help veterans rebuild their lives, we provide a range of free services:
- Short-stay clinical treatment at our treatment centres
- A specialist Intensive Treatment Programme – delivered at our treatment centres
- Community Teams – providing treatment and practical support to veterans. Last year our regional community teams undertook almost 5,400 face-to-face appointments
- Outpatients – assessment by psychiatrists and psychologists – at our treatment centres and in the community – enables us to diagnose, define and deliver the treatment veterans require
- Occupational therapy – delivered at our treatment centres and in the community, we use meaningful and creative activity to encourage hope, wellbeing and recovery
- Peer Support Service – Led by veterans for veterans, it’s the first UK-wide service of its kind for those with mental health problems. The service enables them to share their experiences, receive support and socialise with others with similar experiences.
- Substance Misuse Case Management Service – helping veterans to access the services for their drug and alcohol problems so their mental health issues can be addressed
- We have a 24-hour Helpline available to veterans and their families (0800 138 1619) and to serving personnel and their families (0800 323 4444)
About Koin Limited
Koin Limited is the parent company to two sub-brands – World Challenge Coins and The Koin Club.
World Challenge Coins is predominantly Koin’s B2B side, creating hundreds of bespoke challenge coins each year for clients such as the MoD and the Police Force to popular gaming brands such as World of Tanks.
The Koin Club is Koin Limited’s B2C brand which develops, produces, markets and fulfils a range of officially licensed commemorative medals for UK collectors.
Koin Limited was established in 2012 with World Challenge Coins. The Koin Club was launched in 2017 with the aim of splitting out the rapidly expanding B2C side of the business.