This Lifetime Achievement Award, which is generously sponsored by Greenwich Hospital recognises a person or group whose lifetime of dedicated service has provided a significant contribution in support of the Armed Forces Community.
This year’s Finalists are:
- John Turrell – John guided the Invictus Games Choir to extraordinary success and has introduced Veterans to the healing powers of music. The choir has performed widely and made number 1 in the album charts.
- Patricia Prior – Pat began poppy selling in 1969 and is an active member of the Royal British Legion, with responsibilities covering Poppy Appeal Organiser – raising £425,000, supporting beneficiaries, and organising events.
- HMS Sultan Summer Camp – In 1945, members of The Fleet Air Arm Field Gun Crew organised a Summer Camp for blind Veterans, and it has continued since then, offering varied activities includes fishing, gliding and helicopter experiences.
- Chris Francis – Chris’s expertise and compassionate approach ensures that people benefit fully from the War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation Scheme. He has helped more than 12,000 people to secure over £10 million between them.
- Douglas Hern – Doug has worked tirelessly and voluntarily for recognition of the British Nuclear Test Veterans (BNTVA) for over 30 years. He helps Veterans with media, pensions, charitable claims and fundraising.
As always, you can see our full list of Finalists in each category here, and there’s still time to sign up to our newsletter for regular updates on Finalists and the imminent Awards Night – only two weeks to go!! The incredible evening with its glorious ceremony and gala dinner promises to be one that you’ll remember forever! If you haven’t yet booked your ticket for this fabulous event, click here!
We’re looking forward to celebrating all the fantastic Finalists’ successes with you, so do secure your place right away if you haven’t already done so! We hope to see you on April 5th!