The Hub Offer, Products and Services, Key Features and Benefits:
• City Centre Location, easy access in the heart of the Community.
• The model is both enabling and supportive, perceiving the wounded, injured and sick part of the veteran and service leaver’s community as an asset. Our activities are driven by our values which include Community, Peer Support, Voluntary Service, Professionalism, independence and inclusivity (service available to all eligible).
• It is not a military charity, therefore non-judgmental. We will treat all Veterans and Service Leavers with unconditional regard whatever their circumstances or experience.
• Complimentary service NOT a competitive one. A catalyst between organisations providing a common link but a single point of triage.
• Identifies critical issues and deals with them.
• Person-centred and solution focused speaking the same language as client group.
• Appointments are not time bound and clients are seen immediately.
• Not constrained by the ‘Form A’ process of other military charities, more flexible so can provide help immediately.
• Community focused (Local service with local connections and opportunities) with defined objective of transferring veteran’s and service leaver’s skills back into the Community i.e. Employment, Volunteering, Work Experience or other meaningful occupation.
• Offers ‘safe’ environment where clients are therefore happy to engage, re-instating a feeling of trust and self-worth.
• Bespoke employment and training information and advice.
• Bespoke personalized support, mentoring and coaching.
• Reduced isolation and increased integration with society/community through Peer Support and Volunteering.
• Access to advice and information surgeries.
• Quicker referral routes/access to specialist services – Help for Heroes, Veterans UK, SSAFA,
NHS Veterans Mental Health Services, op Courage, Combat Stress, RBL contact centre, for those currently serving, Service Leavers, Veterans and their families/Dependents, Assistance
with claims to DWP Benefits (JSA, ESA, PIP), Homelessness/Housing Advice, RFEA, Poppy
Factory, RAFA, Officer’s Association, Drug and Alcohol Services, War pensions & Armed Forces
Compensation Scheme (AFCS) advisor service – support with appeals.
• As a result of above reduced pressure on statutory services.
• Bespoke support for those leaving the Criminal Justice System or at risk of offending/re-offending working with The Police and NHS Liaison and Diversion Services.
• Partnership approach of “The Hub” – by working together with military services and charities, means that overall military based services are not duplicating support. Charities are working together to make sure that their services are not duplicated and can work directly with other military organisations.
• Closers connections – closer working results in closer connections and faster action for client. A wrap-around service is provided to the client in one location – resulting in less travel, less form filling, less referral appointments and a truly in-depth service that meets most of the client’s needs.