***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We are Mesothelioma UK, a charity that supports people affected by asbestos-related cancer, mesothelioma. Established in 2009, we offer free access to specialist information, support and education and campaign for improved care and treatment.
We fund a variety of services, projects and research to raise awareness of this disease and help the UK to lead the way in making mesothelioma history through world-class audit, research and clinical trials.
We are currently looking for a Director of External Affairs and Impact to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. This role is available on a remote basis with occasional visits to our office in Mountsorrel.
– Salary of £50,000 – £55,000 per annum DOE
– Sick pay after six months’ service
– Employee Assistance Programme to promote and support wellbeing
– Free on-site parking
– Develop your career with a forward-thinking charity
If you are a high calibre media, public affairs or communications professional, this is the perfect opportunity to bring your expertise to a role that will make a genuine, positive difference to many mesothelioma sufferers’ lives.
Most have never heard of mesothelioma, even though the disease can affect anyone who has been exposed to asbestos. With over 2,700 cases a year, the UK has the highest incidence of the disease in the world.
You will seek to increase public awareness of the disease as well as our organisation through your pivotal communications, enabling our organisation to be there for those who need us the most.
So, if this rewarding role sounds like your perfect next step, you can start helping right away by reading on!
As the Director of External Affairs and Impact, you will be responsible for developing our organisation’s voice and profile as an influencing charity.
Identifying key areas for engagement, you will develop an external affairs strategy, ensuring the voice of mesothelioma patients and families continues to be central to our influencing efforts.
You will communicate our key messages, and represent our organisation, to external facing groups, including national coalitions, industry and policy forums and conferences.
Additionally, having collected stakeholder and patient insights, you will respond to relevant public consultations, such as parliamentary inquiries, healthcare strategies and cancer plans.
Your role will also involve:
– Keeping-up-to-date with new developments in research and the cancer policy landscape
– Collaborating with the Clinical Expert Panel to understand how our organisation can best advance clinical priorities
– Disseminating the impact of patient advocacy and research work
To be considered as the Director of External Affairs and Impact, you will need:
– Demonstrable professional media, public affairs and/or communications experience
– A well-developed understanding of the UK media
– A strong understanding of healthcare and public health policy, political and policy making processes and the wider health sector
– Good organisational skills
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– The ability to get the best out of others and influence beyond line management boundaries
Other organisations may call this role Director of External Affairs, Director of Communications, Director of Public Affairs, Director of Engagement, Communications Director, Public Relations Director, Head of External Communications, or Marketing Director.
Webrecruit and Mesothelioma UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to make your next step the right one as a Director of External Affairs and Impact, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.