Haig Housing Trust is the leading housing provider for service and ex-service men and women. Our primary objective is to provide homes at an affordable rent to the service and ex-service community.
The Trust is very pleased to be building 68 new homes in Morden, SW London, for the ex-service community.
The properties are 1 to 4 bedroom flats and houses and include a small number of one and two bedroom adapted properties suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility difficulties.
To be eligible to apply you need to:
• Have served the Regular Armed Forces for a minimum of 3 years (if enlisted before 2001) or 4 years (if enlisted after 2001)
• Have been medically discharged earlier due to a service injury whilst on the active list
• Have been discharged from the Regular Armed Forces or have a discharge date within the next 6 months
• Be in housing and/or financial need (ie do not have sufficient income and/or capital to buy or rent a property of a size to meet their need)
We will also consider applicants from the following groups however they will be given a lower priority on our housing register
• A widow/er with or without dependants of a person who would have been eligible as above
• Former spouses/partners with dependant children of a service person who permanently live with them
• Former spouses/partners without dependant children
Further details are available from the Haig Housing Trust website www.haighousing.org.uk. If you have any queries you can telephone 020 8685 5777 and ask for Housing Options or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the information leaflet here.