The brand new NHS Armed Forces Health Podcast is now live!
This podcast series has been commissioned by the AF PPV in order to be used as a resource for the Armed Forces community to support them in understanding and navigating the NHS and to raise awareness of how to become empowered advocates for their own health as a patient or family member of one.
There are six episodes in all taking the listener on a journey through the different aspects of the NHS. They can listen to the whole series or one that is relevant to them. The guests are all members of the AF PPV who gave up their time to pass on their expertise and experiences that they feel are relevant.
The series will be released over 6 weeks as follows:
- Episode 1: Wednesday 03 August – What is the AFPPV? With Kate Davies, Nicky Murdoch & Tom Fox
- Episode 2: Wednesday 10 August – Military Medical Experience & Leaving With Dr Johnathan Leach, Paul Findlay & Kate King
- Episode 3: Wednesday 17 August – Your GP WIth Dr Jonathan Leach, Kat Dalby-Welsh & Paul Findlay
- Episode 4 : Wednesday 24 August – Physical Health With Shehan Hettiaratchy, Gregg Stevenson & Teresa Griffiths
- Episode 5: Wednesday 31 August – Mental Health With Dr Dan Barnard, Tom Fox & Jo Jukes
- Episode 6: Wednesday 07 September – Family/Children With Andrea Collins, Jenny Ward & Jess Stirling-Yeatman
Find out more and listen to the first episode here: https://omny.fm/shows/armed-forces-patient-and-public-voice-health-podca