***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Grants Coordinator Fixed Term – 13 months Maternity cover
Edinburgh £27,000 for 35 hours per week
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
Poppyscotland’s Grant Coordinator manages the day-to-day operations of Poppyscotland’s Grants Services. Delivering independent financial-based decisions in a holistic manner and signposting to other services to ensure the needs of those seeking our support are met. In addition, the Grants Coordinator directly line-manages the Client Engagement & Support Coordinator, ensuring that beneficiaries and third parties are adequately supported at first point of contact and that administrative support to the Welfare Services team is timely and effective.
Key Skills / Experience
• Experience of working in a grant giving/funding role in a similar environment
• Experience of managing administration systems
• Current knowledge of the statutory benefits system in Scotland
• Experience of providing advice and guidance to clients/customers
• Experience of working in collaboration with partner organisations
• Knowledge of Data Protection and experience of working within the bounds of client confidentiality
• Competent user of MS Office and familiar with client management systems
• Self-motivated and highly organised
• Confident and effective communicator
• Experience of managing a budget, managing others and knowledge of the armed forces community is desirable.
Further information and a Job Description is available from http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/aboutus/current-vacancies/
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 8 July 2020.
Interviews are likely to be on Friday 17 July 2020.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.