Permanent, full time contract, based in Aylesford, Kent
37 hours per week
Salary – £23,500 to 25,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main Purpose of the Job:
The RBLI Lifeworks (LW) team are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong background in advising on employment opportunities. The role will be a vital link to Lifeworks delegates to successfully engage with employment opportunities as part of the Lifeworks Forward assist* support offered to help Veterans gain meaningful employment opportunities.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- To source job opportunities for LW delegates through tailored job search and regular contact with employers.
- Manage a caseload of 40 to 50 delegates at any time to access employment opportunities or to sign post to LW support.
- Work with Senior employment advisor to develop the employment arm of the LW programme to maximise employment outcomes in line with KPI’s
- To work with the wider lifeworks team to ensure the best possible delegate experience
- To be prepared to undertake additional representational duties in support of RBLI’s activities as agreed with Head of LW/MODVA.
- Maintaining a database of employers to contact with a view to developing work placement opportunities
- Ensuring all forward assist support to delegates is recorded on the LW database in a timely and accurate manner.
- Developing business opportunities with employers by supporting them with staffing and training needs analysis and promoting the benefits of recruiting veterans and offering work placement opportunities
- Ensuring that the LW programme always has a bank of appropriate work placements available to meet LW participant need.
- Assist training team with delivery and understanding of employability skills and knowledge of current and relevant practices in the job market.
*Forward assist 12 months of active support given to all delegates to ensure they have every opportunity to access meaningful employment opportunities through the Lifeworks network of employment partners.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and driven to succeed
- An understanding of mental health conditions and the barriers they can create to gaining employment
- The ability to explore positive solutions which allow people to overcome these barriers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to build relationships and interact with new and established contacts.
- Flexibility to travel independently across a wide geographical area
- Strong communication skills both written and oral and ability to use database platforms
- Reliable, well organised and with an ability to work to a specified time frame
- Structured and organised
- Able to work as part of the LW’s team and equally confident working alone
Skills & Experience Required:
- Sound understanding of the Military Charity sector
- Good understanding of the Armed forces covenant and its implementation.
- Evidence of previous employer advisor experience
- Proven experience of managing stakeholders at senior levels
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Understanding of the key elements of the Armed Forces Covenant and its implementation
- Thorough understanding of issues affecting veterans
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- Experience of working in the charity sector
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to email@example.com
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2021