***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£26,000 – £27,500 per year
RFEA are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity network and the ability to understand the challenges more vulnerable veterans must overcome, particularly those who have entered the Criminal Justice System. This person will be home based (ideally in Catterick) travelling extensively around the North Yorkshire, Durham and Cleveland region to provide face to face support to veterans within their home locations and partner organisations premises.
Project Nova is a support programme for Veterans primarily identified in Police Custody but also with referrals from core police and partner organisations from within the community, it is focussed on early intervention, support and diversion at point of contact with the Police or partner organisation in order to prevent re-offending and a potential prison sentence. Project Nova operates in partnership with the NHS Liaison and Diversion Teams, Police custody suites, Police response officers, HMPPS and partners within the community.
The successful applicant for this role will have a track record of delivering high quality results, with a strong beneficiary focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills are essential along with mentoring and coaching. Experience & knowledge of the criminal justice system, local government agencies and the ability to develop a network of contacts are also required, along with a clean driving licence.
- Support the Nova Managers to create and maintain strong working relationships with referring organisations in the area, including the Police and NHS Liaison and Diversion.
- Undertake needs assessments with each veteran and jointly develop their support plan.
- Deliver emotional and practical support to veterans working with partner organisations to provide specialist support for each individual as required.
- Work with Nova Veterans to ensure their effective participation in the Criminal Justice System, including acting as an Appropriate Adult.
- Work with the veteran to secure employment.
- Ensure that all activity is recorded on the Salesforce CRM system, or other system as required.
- Deliver any further activities reasonably required by the CFO Programme Manager, the Nova National Manager and RFEA The Forces Employment Charity.
- When required undertake other tasks to support the delivery of Project Nova and RFEA.
- Empathy with and a good understanding of ex-forces personnel and the challenges they can face.
- Highly motivated and independent, capable of working remotely from their line manager.
- Resilient and able to work with individuals with complex needs and cope with the rigours that arise from working with veterans in the criminal justice system.
- Commitment to working with each veteran without prejudice and in an equitable manner, including those who are arrested for violent or sexual offences.
- Experience of working with people using a mentoring or coaching approach to engage and support the individuals we work with change their lives.
- Highly organised with strong IT skills and experience of using CRM systems.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent team players who will contribute to a diverse and dedicated team.
- Driving licence and use of own car.
This role is ‘Home Based’ around the Catterick area and is offered initially on a one year fixed term contract, 35 hours per week with a starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,500 after six months plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 19 February 2021. Interviews will take place in late February for an immediate start where possible.
Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhance DBS Disclosure and Police Vetting.