***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The position is initially for 12 Months with possible options to extend.
Salary starts at £26,000 rising to £27,500 upon successful completion of probation with job satisfaction guaranteed. The appointment will be initially home based in the Aldershot area.
- Coordinate with the RFEA Employment Advisors and partner charities to identify and support clients who would benefit from SVA case working support.
- Assess client needs and make appropriate referrals to other military charities or support organisations to meet the wider needs. Covering a Wellbeing; Functional/Life Skills; Vocational Skills and Educational & Employment Skills Assessments.
- Provide specialist wellbeing or vocational and employability case-working support, including career diagnostics and advice, CV development and interview preparation. Job search advice, job-brokerage using your knowledge of the regional employment market/network and employability tools and bulletins within our online RightJob resource.
- Identify and engage with services such as welfare, training and Adult Education providers to find opportunities that meet clients’ requirements in line with their preferred outcome or employment plans.
- Organise clients’ access to education and/or training opportunities, supporting their applications for additional grants as necessary.
- Provide advice and guidance to ensure that clients obtain appropriate vocational experience placements, work based training and employment in accordance with their vocational/employment plans.
- Identify and source suitable employment, work based training and work experience opportunities, including opportunities listed on Rightjob.
- Ensure all clients’ employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are shared with the regional Employer Relationship Manager (ERM) ensuring a joined up and integrated RFEA employer engagement approach.
- As required, provide in-work or placement support to ensure client vocational outcomes are sustainable.
- Monitor successful employment placement achievements for clients as a key component of overall outcomes, contribute to wider outcomes monitoring as required.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the Data management system (ADAPT) ensuring timely accurate recording of all client and employer/organisational engagement activity.
- Co-ordinate employment and vocational aspects of the support process with other supporting charities and organisations.
The closing date is 10 December 2020. Interviews will take place mid-December with the successful applicant starting early in the New Year.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake Ministry of Defence security clearance which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years. An Enhanced DBS disclosure will also be required.