***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£26,000 – £27,500 per annum
- Coordinate with the RFEA Ex-Forces Employment Advisors (Veterans) other RFEA programmes and partner charities to identify clients who would benefit from SEC case working support.
- Assess client needs and make appropriate referrals to other military charities to meet wider needs.
- Provide specialist employability case-working support, including career diagnostics and advice, CV development and interviews preparation, job search advice and job-brokerage using Regional Employment Bulletins and knowledge of the regional employment market and online employability tools within our RightJob resource.
- Identify and subsequently engage with Training and Adult Education providers to identify opportunities that meet clients’ requirements in accordance with employment plans.
- Organise SVA clients’ access to training opportunities, supporting their applications for additional training grants as necessary.
- Provide employment advice and guidance to ensure that clients obtain appropriate vocational experience placements, work based training and employment in accordance with their employment plans.
- Identify and source suitable employment, work based training and work experience opportunities, including but not limited to job opportunities listed on Rightjob.
- Ensure all SVA clients employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are provided to the regional Employer Relationship Manager (ERM), thus ensuring a joined up and integrated RFEA employer engagement approach.
- As required, provide in work or placement support to ensure client vocational outcomes are sustainable.
- Monitor successful employment placement success for SVA clients as a key component of overall outcomes and contribute to wider outcomes monitoring as required.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the Data management system (ADAPT) ensuring timely recording of all client and employer engagement activity.
- Co-ordinate employment and vocational aspects of the support process with other supporting charities and organisations.
The position is initially for 12 Months with possible options to extend beyond.
Salary starts at £26,000 rising to £27,500 upon successful completion of probation with job satisfaction guaranteed. The appointment will be based in the Royal British Legion Pop In Centre in Manchester City.
To apply, please submit an appropriate CV and personal statement. The closing date is Thursday 10th August 2017. Interviews will take place week commencing 14th August with the successful applicant starting September.