***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
IT’S A STATE OF MIND – Do you have what it takes?
RMA – The Royal Marines Charity was founded in 1946. Our mission – offering lifelong support to the Corps Family – once a Marine, always a Marine. The Charity has been growing successfully in its current form following the merger of the Royal Marines Association and Royal Marines Charity in 2019 and is seeking to maintain this growth from a very strong position.
We do this by:
- offering morale-enhancing amenities and welfare support to serving Royal Marines and their families;
- providing education and employment support to those being discharged from the Royal Marines prematurely;
- proactively supporting the health and well-being of the whole Corps Family and responding to their needs.
This is all done whilst enabling our members to retain the sense of comradeship that they enjoy as Royal Marines through our Association.
All this is enabled by our strong fundraising and communications capabilities.
Location – Flexible (with travel)
The Chair and Trustees are seeking an exceptional CEO to work alongside them, setting a long term strategy to help deliver the financial and operational objectives of the Charity in support of its beneficiaries. This is a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast growing and nationally respected charity and association.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To manage the overall operation of the charity and delivery of the approved strategy.
- Lead, develop and manage a well established and highly motivated team.
- Lead major strategic change programmes across the Charity.
- Oversee the sound financial management of the Charity and risk profile, ensuring effective governance.
- Ensure regular contact with relevant and associated partners and bodies.
- Effectively represent the charity within the military network and with external partners and beneficiaries.
Potential candidates for this unique and rare opportunity will be highly experienced and respected leaders with the skills, sensitivity and motivation to lead and further develop the Charity.
Previous military experience or knowledge would be an advantage, but is not essential. The candidate should as a minimum have knowledge of the current governance relevant to Charities. What is key are your leadership skills, both in managing and leading teams and the proven ability in building and developing robust and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Alongside excellent interpersonal skills and a pragmatic approach, you will also be able to demonstrate financial literacy and have a close attention to detail. You are a strategic thinker, but still able to lead by example at all times. You will be at ease in matrix structures and have a willingness to travel, due to the national activities of the Charity.
Crucially, you will identify with the values and principles of the charity and really want to be part of making a genuine difference to their beneficiaries.
RMA- The Royal Marines Charity is an equal opportunities employer. Please feel free to contact our retained consultant – Simon Bell at Grays Search and Selection on 07766 714 951 for an initial discussion.
Closing date for applications will be Tuesday 2 May.