***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary – £28-30K dependent on experience
Location – London
30 days holiday
Please apply in writing with a CV and Covering letter by midday 6 January.
First round interviews will be held in the London office on Monday 13 January, with the second round on Monday 20 January
RMA-The Royal Marines Charity is the largest subsidiary of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity Group (RNRMC), raising circa £3.5m – £4m per annum to provide through-life support the Royal Marines and their families. Following the recent merger of the Royal Marines Association and The Royal Marines Charity, it is now looking to grow its income to £5m per annum to meet the needs of the Corps.
The Development Department has been established to meet these growing demands, with a focus on developing Major Donors, Corporate Support, Trusts, Statutory and Legacy income for the charity, areas which are relatively new income streams to the Charity.
A driven and proactive researcher, you will play a crucial part in the teams’ success in growing voluntary income. Managing a programme of prospect and market research activities to support and insight-led approach to prospecting. This includes supporting, researching, and administering prospects and donors and the development of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship events.
This is an exciting new role helping to grow the Charity at a pivotal point in its history.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Prospect Researcher is responsible for the management and delivery of the research and tracking prospecting programme for the Charity. In addition to supporting the delivery of all Development events.
• Research, track and report on prospective donors from within and outside the current database, ensuring a stream of donors at differing gift levels to meet fundraising ambitions.
• Support segment individual donors and prospects to enable targeted event invitations for cultivation and stewardship.
• Provide insight to facilitate the stewardship of current donors and warm prospects to the Major Gift Manager.
• Build and maintain a rating system to gauge the capacity and propensity of potential donors to give as well as their affinity and engagement with the charity.
• Develop a prospect research strategy, and manage its implementation by developing detailed plans, ensuring such a strategy fits with the overall goals and ambitions of our fundraising strategy.
• Ensure data processing activities related to prospects are appropriately documented and in compliance with the data privacy laws (e.g. Data Protection Act 2018, GDPR and PECR.)