***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job Title: Veterans Support Worker
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed until Mar 2022
Stoll is the lead provider of housing and support services in the Veterans sector. Founded in 1916, Stoll has provided a sanctuary to help Veterans rebuild their lives for nearly 100 years.
We are seeking to appoint a Support Worker for our innovative work with Veterans. Stoll are very proud to be working with the newly commissioned Veteran’s Mental Health High Intensity Service (HIS) within London. We are working with the NHS Lead Provider and working collaboratively with Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust, Walking with the Wounded, and Ripple Pond.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team, to provide support in the following areas:
1. Crisis Care
2. Therapeutic inpatient support
3. Care co-ordination across organisations able to support the veteran
4. Support and care of family members/ carers of the veteran
The HIS Team will be a new multi-disciplinary team including Mental Health Practitioners, Psychologists, and Support Workers, who will work together to provide a liaison, advice and support service for local mental health teams, the veteran and their family.
The post holder will ensure that the service is person-centred and focused on delivering specific outcomes around health. You will manage a small case load, be providing a responsive service that will involve travel around London. Your role will be supporting Veterans in crisis and providing support to stabilize and begin recovery.
The successful applicant will be passionate about promoting independence, getting the best outcomes possible, providing holistic welfare support to Veterans. Your experience and knowledge will include:
· Experience of working with vulnerable adults and older people in a welfare capacity, for example within housing and homelessness, alcohol and drug misuse, mental health or physical disability services.
· Experience/knowledge of the issues facing the ex Service community.
· Experience of carrying out needs & risk assessments.
· Experience of working with voluntary and statutory agencies to support clients to maintain independence and to access housing and/or other services.
· Experience as an effective communicator – verbally and in writing.
· Knowledge of welfare benefits that support independent living.
If you would like to work for us and the skills needed for this role, then we would like to hear from you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply and see below for a job pack.
CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews to be held week of 3 August.
For this role, the successful applicant will be required to apply for an NHS honorary contract so will have to pass the NHS recruitment guidelines as well as for Stoll. You will have expected to uphold the values and professionalism of both Stoll and the NHS.
Above all, you will be driven and motivated by the real and lasting positive impact that we have on the lives of vulnerable Veterans enabling them to live as independently as possible.