The motivations and experiences of ex-Service personnel, Reservists and military spouses in self-employment have been historically under-researched. That’s why Forces in Mind Trust commissioned Warwick Institute for Employment Research at the University of Warwick QinetiQ and X-Forces to undertake an ambitious research project, so we can understand what more can be done to support the Armed Forces Community in their pursuit of self-employment.
We need to hear from you
The next stage of the research project takes the form of an online survey, directed at former Armed Forces personnel, who are either self-employed or have considered pursuing a self-employment career. Some of the areas the survey covers are:
- Length of time since leaving the Armed Forces
- Whether or not you are part of the Reserve Forces
- Sources of advice and support you may have received
- Your military skills and experience that can be drawn upon in self-employment
- The type of self-employment you are in or plan to go into
- If you are aware of any financial, legal or policy issues which may have helped or hindered your pursuit of self-employment.
The survey is anonymous and takes around 20 minutes to complete. You can save your progress and resume the survey at a later stage.
Find out more and take the survey.