The Army Families Federation (AFF) is appealing to all Army families to take their latest survey and say whether they feel the package offered to them eases the impact that Service life can have.
How much do families know?
The charity is exploring various elements of the current package, or ‘Offer’ available to families, and how they translate to Army family life. This includes how aware families are of policies such as subsidised military housing, educational allowances, and healthcare policies such as support with assisted conception.
It also seeks to discover what more families feel needs to be done to improve life as a modern Army family.
Families’ feedback vital
AFF Chief Executive Sara Baade explains: “Families’ views have always been integral to our work and what we hope to achieve year on year. We want as many families as possible to get involved with our latest survey, whether married or unmarried, whether or not you live in military housing. Different elements of your soldier’s ‘offer’ will affect you to varying degrees, but AFF is here for you all, so share your experience with us and help provide us with evidence we can present to decision makers to push for improvements where needed.”
Pushing for positive change
Known as the voice of the Army community, AFF is keen for families to be open and candid in their views and opinions when providing feedback. They have a strong track record of using families’ evidence to push for change, and believe the more families that take part in their surveys, the more influence they will have when approaching MOD, government and other policy makers.
Take AFF’s survey
To take AFF’s short survey and make your views on Army life count, go to https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/AFFoffersurvey. You could WIN one of three HP tablets courtesy of DXC Technology, just for taking part.
To find out more about AFF’s work in support of Army families, visit their website www.aff.org.uk
Notes to Editor:
- The Army Families Federation (AFF) is the independent voice of Army families: Regular or Reserve, wherever they are based, whatever the make-up of their family.
- Throughout the UK and overseas, AFF works hard to achieve policy change and progress in favour of Army families; they offer advice and guidance on all aspects of Army life, confidentially and in an easy-to-digest way.
- They work with other agencies such as MOD, government, charities and other key players to strengthen their cause and fight for a fair deal for families everywhere.
- Their family-focussed website (aff.org.uk) contains information about all aspects of Army family life, and their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages offer families other easy ways to contact us, interact with us, or simply follow the work we are doing.
- AFF operates by four core values, which are pivotal to our work. These are:
- AFF always puts families first
- AFF can be trusted
- AFF is bold and determined
- AFF is inclusive
For more information about AFF’s work, contact Donna Bernard, AFF Comms & Marketing Director, at email@example.com