Turn to Starboard held its annual Dining In Night at The Falmouth Hotel in Cornwall on Saturday, with 120 guests attending.
Supporters joined forces to raise £8971.73 at a charity auction, with winning bidders receiving prizes such as a luxury Tresco Island holiday and a yacht charter in Greece.
Guests enjoyed a three course dinner, auction and music from a professional DJ at the special event, as well as a fun photo booth and table-top games.
In his speech, Turn to Starboard CEO and founder, Shaun Pascoe, told guests he was humbled by the support the charity receives.
He said: “The evening was a fabulous success filled with warmth and generosity from all our supporters and the local community. Our tremendous guests once again pulled together in a way that provided further evidence of how special they are and how close the charity is to people’s hearts.
“Thank you to everyone who attended, donated prizes and made it such a memorable night, we are humbled by your record-breaking support which will go a long way to help those affected by military operations.”
During the evening Royal Marine and Turn to Starboard beneficiary Nick Pinniger was presented with The Croft Yachtmaster Award, to mark his contribution and commitment to the RYA Yachtmaster training programme. The award is presented annually to individuals who demonstrate resilience and effort to overcome the personal and academic challenge.
Funds raised on the evening will go towards helping Armed Forces personnel affected by military operations and their families.
- Turn to Starboard Office: 01326 314262
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Website: turntostarboard.co.uk
- Follow Turn to Starboard on Twitter: com/turntostarboard
- Find Turn to Starboard on Facebook: com/turntostarboard
- Or write to us at: Turn to Starboard, Falmouth Marina, North Parade, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 2TD
Notes to Editors:
- Turn to Starboard is a Cobseo registered charity using RYA sailing courses to support Armed Forces personnel who have been affected by military operations. We support those who are Serving or Retired and their families.
- We help those retired from the forces and those still serving to get perspective on past events and focus on a successful future.
- Beneficiaries gain tangible experiences, expert training and career-building opportunities including the chance to gain internationally recognised marine qualifications.
- Registered Charity number 1148549
For further media information, please contact: Mark Hardaker by calling 01326 314262 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org