***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: North Wales – Rhyl and Conway Areas
Contract: Full time 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,556.00 per annum
Closing date: 15/11/2023
The Defence Medical Welfare Service is recruiting for a new position in in collaboration with Alabare supporting Veterans who are or are in risk of becoming homeless. The role is a combination of home working, hospital working and working at Alabare facilities in – Glan Conwy, Llandudno Junction and Colwyn Bay.
The successful candidate will have great interpersonal skills, compassion and the ability to handle complex cases. As the welfare officer, you will be operating alongside the Alabare team at the above locations. The team consists of
· consisting of social mobility coach
· Boots on the Ground activity staff
You will receive referrals from the above Alabare team. The ex services personnel who will require the DMWS service are those with complex health conditions and who are finding it difficult to engage with the Alabare program of support. This post therefore calls for close collaboration and partnership working with Alabare staff and the DMWS service delivery should be seamless to the ex-service person we support.
The welfare officer will be responsible for the welfare and effective management of referrals as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Attending multi-disciplinary meetings and carrying out joint, and lone visits to service users and liaising with the Alabare team to ensure the best outcome. You will be required to correctly assess the welfare needs of service users with unfaltering professionalism and sensitivity. You will need to be able to provide a rapid, solution-driven personal response to support in times of need, or in crisis situations.
For more information on the position please read our Welfare-Officer – North Wales job description.
• 30 days leave plus bank holidays calculated pro-rata
• Mileage paid between locations (45p per mile)
• Enhanced sick pay
• Up to 6% matched pension contributions
• Death in service benefits
• Great training opportunities
• £25 contribution towards eye tests and a contribution of £50 towards glasses. (As long as they are only needed for DSE use and not otherwise needed on a standard prescription).
• Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoption family friendly benefits including shared parental leave
• Access to Smarthealth with a 24/7 virtual GP Service.
Applications close on 15 November 2023.
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the role. Please remember to click on ‘upload’ otherwise we may not receive your attachments. Applicants must hold full UK Driving Licence. Applications will be actively reviewed on receipt. DMWS reserve the right to close the application process early.