NHS England has launched a survey to find out people’s views and experiences of veterans mental and physical health services. The information gathered will be used to help inform the development and provision of these services in the future.
As part of this exercise, we would particularly like to hear about people’s views and experiences of Op COURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service, as well as the Veterans Trauma Network (VTN), which is for Service related physical health conditions.
Op COURAGE: The Veterans’ Mental Health and Wellbeing Service is the collective name for the:
- Veterans’ Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (TILS)
- Veterans’ Mental Health Complex Treatment Service (CTS)
- Veterans’ Mental Health High Intensity Service (HIS).
Current contracts for the three services within Op COURAGE will end in March 2023, and so the NHS needs to make arrangements for new service contracts from April 2023. As with the current service model, it is proposed that Op COURAGE will continue to be delivered in partnership with a range of organisations from across the NHS, Armed Forces charities and wider charitable sector to ensure the provision of high quality holistic care and treatment.
To inform plans for the new service contracts, we want to hear your views on how we can enhance the current provision, such as improving support for substance misuse and gambling addictions, as well as how we can address any issues that veterans may have experienced in accessing treatment.
The VTN provides specialist care and support for veterans who have physical health problems due to their Service in the UK Armed Forces. As the need for the VTN becomes greater, the NHS is looking at future arrangements on
You can share your views and experiences by completing this survey. Anyone can complete it, however, we are particularly keen to hear from:
- people who have served in the UK Armed Forces (whether as a reservist or regular) and have used or are currently using NHS services in England for veterans
- veterans with a mental and / or physical health condition who have not sought or received healthcare, treatment or support
- Service leavers
- family members and carers of the above
- organisations that are providing healthcare, treatment or support for veterans and their families.
Please use the link below to access the survey. The survey will close at midnight on 22 May 2022.
For further information or to request the survey in alternative formats, please email email@example.com
If you would like to receive a copy of the engagement report for this survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Publishing approval reference: PAR1326_i
Closes 22 May 2022