The Office Manager works for the QARANC Association which is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. It’s members are the Board of Trustees, and the Board manages the Association in accordance with its Constitution.
Location: Regimental Headquarters QARANC, Robertson house, Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, Camberley, GU15 4NP. Telephone 01276 412754.
Hours: 30 hours per week. Flexibility required as there are a few evening and weekend events requiring attendance which may include an overnight stay. Time of in lieu will be given as appropriate. The Association has a flexible working policy.
Salary and Benefits: £32,500 per annum based on a 37 ½ hour week. Pro rata salary for 30 hours per week is £26,000. Pension scheme. Leave Entitlement of 25 days plus 8 Public Holidays per annum. Pro rata total of 26.5 days per annum.
Day-to-Day Functional Accountability is to the General Secretary; the Office Manage is Line Managed by the Chair of the Board of Trustees with the General Secretary providing input to the annual appraisal process and the probationary period following appointment.
Key areas of Responsibility
Accountable to the General Secretary for the:
• day-to-day administration of the Association ensuring it is well organised, runs efficiently and has the resources it requires.
• IT system and Association’s Web site, ensuring that it is reliable and fit for purpose.
• keeping abreast of latest governmental/charities policy and guidelines (e.g., Safeguarding) ensuring that service delivery is fully compliant and raising awareness through effective communication to all other stakeholders.
• adherence with GDPR policies and procedures across all areas of the Association.
• Provision of support of the Board of Trustees and sub committees. Managing the administration of Board of Trustee meetings and updating the SharePoint with all reports and minutes.
• Member of the Media, Communication’s, and Membership committee.
• Administrative support to the Association’s Branch Chairs and Secretaries meetings.
• Distribution of the Gazette and supervision of the editor.
• Accountable to the General Secretary for the effective management of staff. This includes oversight of recruitment, induction, training, staff appraisal in accordance with the Staff Handbook.
• Line manager for the Administration Officer.
• Member of the Governance Committee.
• Accountable to the Board, Chair of the Governance committee and the General Secretary for compliance with the Association’s policies and the Charity Commission’s policies and regulations.
All applications to be electronically submitted with CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 1200 04 July 2022
Interviews will be held WB 18 July 2022
Any successful candidate for this role will need to be DBS checked and security cleared. There will be a mutually agreed start date with the successful candidate.