The RNA / Naval Associations Biennial Parade will be held at Whitehall on Sunday 10 September 2017. The Second Sea Lord, Vice Admiral Jonathon Woodcock OBE has confirmed as the Guest of Honour and the VIP party will include the Minister for the Armed Forces, Rt Hon Mike Penning MP, Flick Drummond MP, (Portsmouth South), Captain Andy Jordan ADC Royal Navy, Commanding Officer HMS Collingwood and Mrs Gillian Molyneux and her daughter Bethany, Mrs Molyneux is the widow of Lt Cdr Dean Molyneux who was killed whilst serving in HMS Astute.
It is envisaged that that over 500 personnel both Veterans and Serving will be on parade. As well as representatives from the many naval associations, including from Belgium and the Republic of Ireland. Trainees from HMS Sultan and HMS Collingwood will parade, as will members of the Sea Cadet Corps. Music will be provided by the volunteer band from HMS COLLINGWOOD.
The programme for the day is as follows;
- 0900 RNA Central Office staff on site, meet with Met senior officer.
- 0910 Set security points
- 0915 Civil Service Club opens for coffee and toilets (80 metres from Coach parking)
- 0930 Parking for coaches and minibuses in Whitehall Place (pass required from Central Office) All coaches + Cars to be clear of Whitehall Place by 1300.
- 0945 All Vehicles to be parked,
- 0950 Whitehall Place and South Whitehall closes.
- 1010 Standard bearers brief by NCA
- 1025 Parade musters and is briefed by Parade Commander.
- 1040 Parade steps off, from Whitehall Place
- 1055 2SL, Min (AF), Flick Drummond MP, Capt Jordan, Mrs and Miss Molyneux +, VIPs join the parade
- 1100 Service starts, 2 minute silence
- 1102 Service at Cenotaph led by the Chaplain of the Fleet
- 1127 Parade steps off, review by 2SL
- 1140 Parade addressed by NP/2SL
- 1146 Issue of Standard Bearers ‘Tots’ outside Civil Service Club
- 1147 Bar opens in Civil Service Club – 2SL and VIPs meets Shipmates
- 1200 Sandwiches and Chips served at no cost to participants
- 1200 Parking restrictions restored in Whitehall Place
Dress Will be uniform for those serving and RNA / Association rig with medals or equivalent for everyone else, polished shoes. Berets for standard bearers and optional for marchers. Standards should wear the NSM pennant (if entitled).