Forces in Mind Trust would like to remind members that there is still time to sign up for the online launch of a new report, examining the value of an independent advocacy support service for veterans and their families. Johnny Mercer MP, Minister for Defence People and Veterans, and James Sunderland, MP for Bracknell and Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Veterans and of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Armed Forces Covenant will be speaking at the event.
Attendees will receive an overview of the specialised advocacy programme developed by The Advocacy People, The Veterans’ Advocacy People, and the findings of the evaluation. Attendees will also hear from advocates, themselves military veterans, who will share their experiences of working with other veterans and how they saw first-hand the difference advocacy makes.
In addition, attendees will get the chance to participate in a live Q&A session with:
- Tom McBarnet, Director of Programmes, Forces in Mind Trust (chair)
- James Sunderland, MP for Bracknell and Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Veterans and of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Armed Forces Covenant
- Matthew Hilton, Chief Executive Officer, The Advocacy People
- Pamela Varley, Senior Research Manager, SERIO at The University of Plymouth
- Allie Bennington, Head of Evaluation and Assurance, Help for Heroes
The launch will take place from 10am to 11am on Thursday 28 January 2021 . If you have not yet registered, you can do so here.