***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
About the role
AFF is currently seeking a Co-ordinator for the North West area (including but not limited to Chester, Preston, Warton and Weeton).
AFF Co-ordinators in the UK cover specific geographical regions. Co-ordinators assist Service families with enquiries and concerns, helping families access the right services and support. The role involves representing the families’ viewpoint to the chain of command and local authorities and attendance at meetings within the area.
The role is community- and home-based, reaching families and other contacts through visits to stations within the area and via e-mail, phone and Facebook contact.
The post is part-time with flexible hours (15 per week) and paid on an hourly basis.
What we’re looking for
Although AFF Co-ordinators are closely supported by their line manager and the whole organisation, they need to be self-starters who are willing to take the initiative to make contacts in their area, be the AFF point of contact for families and be motivated in achieving the best outcomes for their community.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate good communication and listening skills, and a strong interest in helping Army families.
A full list of the skills and experience we are looking for can be found in the Job Description.
Applicants should live within the Co-ordinator area of cover. Please note that the home station for this post is either Preston or Weeton. This means that:
- Travel time and costs to and from Preston or Weeton will not be reimbursed
- Travel time and costs for journeys to other parts of the Co-ordinator area of cover may use Preston or Weeton or the successful applicant’s home location as the start and end point: this will be discussed with the successful applicant.
The post holder would be expected to visit Preston or Weeton at least once a week.
AFF welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For further information, please visit the AFF website.
Closing, interview and start dates
- Applications should be submitted by 5pm, Wednesday 26th September.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified via e-mail by Wednesday 3rd October.
- Interviews will take place on Thursday 18th October in Preston (location to be confirmed)
- The start date for this post is the beginning of November (we may be able to flex slightly on the start date).