Dundee Therapy Garden is a small charity that helps veterans improve aspects of their psychological, physical, and social wellbeing. We are looking for a horticultural therapist.
To lead the provision of horticultural therapy to veterans. The job is based at our garden in Dudhope Park and requires the safe and effective running of the site. This includes the recruitment and training of volunteers who support the veterans.
- Support individuals with mental health difficulties
- Ensure full compliance with all Health and Safety rules
- Create and monitor individual goals for veterans
- Help veterans access other support services
- Organise the administration at the site
- Help in dietary education and production of meals
- Training in psychology
- Experience in supporting individuals with mental health difficulties
- Ability to keep records and liaise with other professionals
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in gardening would be useful but not essential
This is a permanent post with a salary package of £27,000 but job sharing or part time options would be considered.
To apply, submit covering letter with CV to Dundee Therapy Garden, The Birches, High Street, Edzell, Brechin, DD9 7TF.