Help for Heroes, leading Charity for the Armed Forces Community, is seeking a Veterans Clinical Liaison to act as the single initial point of contact between Wounded Injured and Sick (WIS) with serious traumatic injury and the NHS.
This role is fundamentally supporting our beneficiaries recovery and personal development in order to allow them to enjoy more independent and fulfilling lives. The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Establishing effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaising with the regional Personnel Recovery Unit (PRUs) & Hereford Garrison regarding those who may require support during and post transition.
- Reaching out to serving personnel, veterans and their families, working with partner agencies, charities and other organisations.
- Providing clinical advice and support to beneficiaries their families and H4H staff.
- Liaising with the regional NHS building a strong relationship, scoping the potential to develop a Veterans Clinic.
- Supporting the NHS to maintain patient contact, especially with those who are hard to reach.
- Arranging and accompanying beneficiaries to appointments at the Veteran War Injury Clinic in Salisbury and other relevant clinics within the region or outside. (e.g. Pain clinic in London)
- Providing insight and advice at regular H4H Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings.
- Attend and organise multi-agency disciplinary meetings to ensure partnership working and best support for beneficiaries.
- Act as Caldicott Lead for Wales & Hereford
The successful individual will be registered Adult/General Nurse and level/band 6 and be currently NMC registered. This role will cover Wales and Herefordshire and the successful candidate will be required to regularly attend the office based near Pontypridd, Wales, therefore will ideally be located a commutable distance from Pontypridd. As the role requires some travel, a driving license is also essential.
This is permanent role and attracts a salary c£32,172.00+ competitive benefits.
If you’re interested in finding out more and applying you can do so here: https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/helpforheroes/Vacancy.aspx