***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Home based – North
£23,800 (pay award pending)
Poppyscotland is at the forefront of delivery of support to our Armed Forces community across Scotland. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families at times of crisis and need by offering vital, practical advice, assistance and funding.
Our work centres around six key areas: tailored support and funding, advice, employment, mobility, housing and mental health. While much of this work is delivered directly, collaboration with other specialist organisations for the benefit of Scotland’s Armed Forces community is at the heart of Poppyscotland’s approach.
You will ensure that individuals within the Armed Forces community receive appropriate and person-centered welfare support and advice in an integrated and seamless way. You will provide support and advocacy to vulnerable beneficiaries and or those identified as having multiple and complex needs, develop and manage individual Support Plans, and work in collaboration with partner organisations and a wide network of professionals, agencies and volunteers. You will be an autonomous practitioner responsible for your day-to-day practice and decisions.
This role may involve travel and a requirement to occasionally work outside office if necessary.
Key Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience working in a similar role
- A relevant qualification in substance misuse and addiction, mental health, housing and homelessness, criminal justice and offending is desirable but not essential.
- Proven experience of working in the Health and Social Care, Housing/Homeless Sector or employment sectors
- Knowledge of the benefits system, mental health, homelessness, offending and substance abuse issues and how to access services for clients
- Experience of advocating on behalf of clients
- Experience of partnership working and collaboration
- Ability to maintain accurate records, using Microsoft Office and client management systems
- Current Driving Licence
- Ability to work in isolation, think for yourself, manage a heavy workload and make informed and objective decisions
- Effective listener, socially perceptive and empathetic, with an awareness and understanding of why people may act and react as they do
- Confident and effective communicator with reporting and presenting skills (verbal and written) for a range of audiences
Further information and a Job Description is available from https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 11 March 2022.
Interviews are likely to be on Friday 18 March by Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.