***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £11,500 (17.5 hours per week)
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to provide Maternity cover for the post of Welfare Services Coordinator.
Your role will be to provide information, advice and support to beneficiaries and other visitors to the Kilmarnock centre as appropriate. Undertake eligibility assessments and devise work plans with clients. You will make managed referrals to specialist organisations and partners as required and where appropriate, signpost and guide clients to alternative sources of help and support. You will also promote awareness of the work of Poppyscotland to reach beneficiaries in the local communities.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of delivering a person-centred service
- Clear confident communicator both orally and written.
- Ability to build and develop positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent administrative, organizational, planning and coordination skills and ability to work to deadlines
- A knowledge of the military is essential
- Effective reporting and presenting skills (written and oral) for a range of audiences
- IT literacy including proficient use of MS Office functions and databases
Further information and a full job description is available at poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies.
Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10th May 2019.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Interviews are likely to be in Kilmarnock on Thursday 23 May.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC 014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.