1 x 12 month fixed term contract, working 37 hours per week
1 x 12 month fixed term contract, working 25 hours per week
Based in Erskine, Scotland
£9.50 per hour
This role is primarily funded for Armed Forces Veterans.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To be trained in, and carry out all appropriate processes in order to manufacture signs, printed products and other components to a high quality standard to meet customer specification. To complete other associated tasks whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
Work towards SQA certificates while in the workplace – the direction of this will be influenced by the individual’s experience and aptitude.
To be a team player, working closely with the supervisory team to meet the departmental targets, with a high attention to detail and a pride in their work.
Overview of the Role & Team:
Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company is a social enterprise and a division of Royal British Legion Industries.
Our mission: To enable veterans and others with disabilities to regain their independence through personal development involving employment and skills.
These positions are key in our operational team, with the main function being to produce products to the correct standard. The team is overseen by the Operations Manager, who holds overall responsibility for the performance. The team itself is a diverse group of people, but with a common aim.
Training will be conducted within the workplace but also within our training room under supervision and direction of our training manager.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Work closely with other team members ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times
• Construct signs, engineered components, printed materials and other associated products by hand or machine, to appropriate specification ensuring that the correct materials are used
• Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from materials that are not required for the current or next job
• To assist with other tasks or activities within Manufacturing as requested by the relevant Supervisor, provided that appropriate training and guidance have been given to ensure capability
• Based on individual experience and aptitude, work towards SQA certificates throughout time here. Attend weekly generic training modules
• Liaising with the management team to ensure the timely supply of all materials to meet production deadlines
• Raising any issues to improve SBMC in terms of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction
• Construct products by hand or machine to specification ensuring that the correct materials are used
• To comply with Quality Assurance requirements and recording procedures
• To liaise with supervision to ensure you have the correct equipment for the job
• Strong attention to detail
• Can-do attitude
• Willing to learn new skills and record evidence of achievements throughout
• Team player
• Self-motivated with good team ethics
• To attend work on time each day, and to observe all applied rules and regulations
• Carry out tasks to the best of your ability, and to an agreed level of performance
• To work with colleagues in a professional, positive and supporting way
• To take direction and guidance from your line manager as required
• To complete training modules under direction of training manager and staff
• You may need Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety boots and goggles, which will be provided by SBMC
• Working in a factory, potentially with dust, noise and mobile equipment
• To observe factory processes, guidelines and instructions, and become familiar with, and adhere to all Health and Safety requirements, and the Safeguarding policy
Skills & Experience Required:
• Willingness to learn new skills and apply these in the workplace
• Work ready: ready to deal with daily ebb and flow of work – often very busy
• To follow instruction closely
• Team player – work alongside others in a constructive manner and turn efforts to help others when require
• Worked in a manufacturing, engineering, mechanical or similar role previously.
• Experience in graphics and associated software
• IT familiarity
• Use of Hand Tools
• Attention to detail
Competitive holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to email@example.com
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 17 December 2021